After yesterday I had a look at some statistics, and they help to put the disastrous defeat in perspective:
- The Pigs hadn’t done the double over us for 95 years, until yesterday.
- We did the league double over them as recently as 2005-06.
- Prior to yesterday the Pigs hadn’t won a league derby match at BDTBL since 1967.
- We beat the Pigs at Hillsboro in Feb 2006, less than three years ago.
- We’ve won 44 league derby matches to the Pigs’ 38.
All this from a bit of Googling and Wikipedia.
Feel better now that the defeat can be considered in this broader context.