Day: May 18, 2018
Felt full of a head cold so planned to keep cardio to a minimum. Did easy effort 10 mins on rowing and 30 mins on weights machines including heel steps holding a kettlebell. Ended with 3-4 mins on a bike to cool down.
Thursday 17 May, 17:16
First little run /test after three weeks off with Achilles problem. Just 3x 1 minute easy jog with walking in between. Did it on Trans Pennine Trail at Rother Valley.
No heel pain but bottom of foot felt a little odd by the third rep. Onwards and upwards…
Distance: 0.54 mile
Physio was pleased with recovery. Swelling and soreness has gone from Achilles. Ready for testing with light jogging. Was prescribed:
- Thurs easy jog 3x 1 minute with walking in between
- Fri gym session, try heel lifts with weights in hands
- Sat easy jog 3x 2 minutes with walking in between
- Sun a walk in the countryside
- Mon easy jog 3x 3 minutes with walking in between
- Keep doing the heel lifts single leg on floor only